Sunday, January 10, 2010

Move to Kin and Reviving My Blog

So happy to be back on the FirstWomanInAfrica BlogSpot. And welcome to all readers!

Since I last wrote, lots has happened, from an exciting trip back to the US, the highlights of which included climbing the tallest mountain in New Hampshire, spending time with my middle stepson, Christopher in San Francisco where I got to see him perform, moving Mom to New Hampshire and spending quality time with Dad in Red Bank.

Now that Dad is also in New Hampshire don't know if I'll ever see Red Bank, my beautiful hometown again.

Then after several wonderful weeks in our new very cool house in Fungurume, DRC at the Tenke Fungurume Mine site I was obliged to take a job building democracy and governance in DRC where I am now based in the DRC capital Kinshasa, apart from my wonderfully amazing husband Richard.

So I am back to being a single girl. But hope to get back to Fungurume as much as is humanly possible.

But in these next few weeks, I plan to devote the blog to reflecting on Democracy Building in Congo - turning the heart of darkness into a beacon of hope for all!!

No comments: